Saturday 18 December 2010

Thank you

The first part of my experiment ended today - I had my last appearance on the Rose Street Artist's Market for this year. I'd like to thanks all my customers, everyone stress-testing my constructions (besides the real clumsy ones) and everyone showing an interest in my tensegrity sculptures. I wanted to find out whether I could produce tensegrity structures that were appealing enough to the general public to be sold.

I spend 13 sundays in Fitzroy, and learned to enjoy my time on the market thoroughly. I started with a cut-loss strategy, hoping for a break even after one market season, willing to discontinue the experiment in case of utter lack of business.

Now it's time for a break, ironically mainly because I broke my foot. However, once I'm back on both feet I will arrange market dates for the next year. Until then, I can work on some aspects of my market presence I neglected a bit. On the product side, I want to introduce more colour. Due to my outdoor workshop setting the Melbourne weather prevents more colour temporarily, but summer has to come one day.

Thank you all for your interest and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment